Thursday, July 29, 2010

Summer

Bee 1


While the house is being remodeled I'm spending most of my time in the yard, building raised bed, clearing shrubs, planting. The summer has been dry and warm for a few weeks, leaving behind that dreaded June of naysayers saying 'The sun will never come this year'. Go jump in a pile of winter.

As part of my retreat outdoors, I've added some bird feeders and some other spices and herb gardens, as well as poppies and some other flowers I have no idea what they are. All of this has attracted a huge number of bees and a growing number of song birds, a pair of doves that seem to have decided to make my yard their love nest, and a bazillion chicadees, american goldfinch and house finches; nothing too exotic but I think they're great.

As part of this daily yard life, I'm starting to try and capture a bit of their small world - I've been camping in various places for 5 - 10 minutes with camera ready, trying to get some of the small creatures I live with.

What I really want is a great image of the Heron that likes to sleep on top of my tuff-shed


Bee 2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Past