Sunday, July 4, 2010

Monk in woods

While our house is being remodeled, we've been staying on in the back sunroom. My desk, bed, stereo, clothes are all within 5' of each other; crowding in on themselves and separating Hong and I at various times while we navigate this small and cramped room. My drives and film scanner are both packed away from the constant onslaught of drywall dust, 'normal' dust, hammer chaff and grime - the only escape I have is my classical guitar and a few images I scanned just before I had to shut down for the month.

Click for uncropped image

This particular image was taken on my first morning biking to Angkor's main entrance. We were some of the first people into the park and the bicycles were fantastic. We had pedaled through the back roads of Siem Riep, then out along the main road into the park. A slight breeze and small areas of fog were just lifting out of the jungle. Just after passing the park's entrance, I noticed this monk walking along the edge of the trees. I only had my Black and White camera handy so I snapped a few frames. Although in color this image would have been best, I don't mind the quietness that the film brings out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Past