Friday, January 15, 2010

Haiti Photo Sale

My 'pick' of images for sale:Haiti Donation

We, like many of us here in the US, enjoy a life that most people on this planet will never experience; a life that we often take for granted. But the news of what happened in Haiti has affected almost everyone I know. We feel for the Haitians and their dire situation.
Hong and I feel an obligation to be sensitive to and supportive of anyone in need and wanted to do something to help. In addition to donating money, we toyed with ideas of what activities we could do to help, like flying to Haiti – anything. Then it occurred to us that we could also sell prints!
By selling our prints, we hope to make additional money that we can donate, along with our personal donations – which will be matched by the Nike or Adobe 2:1 matching programs. This way, we can maximize our input while actually doing something other than just write a check.
We hope that you’ll support our effort!
I chose these images quickly from a very loose assortment of the many images I have. I'm right in the middle of rebuilding my image portal, so I don't have the necessary tools to give a complete view of my portfolio - so I decided to stick with a set amount, with the caveat that if you either use the 2 sources to browse what I do have online, any of those images are available.





Here are the details.

My 'pick' of images for sale:Haiti Donation

You can also browse the un-finished: www.kirkjones.info site or www.pea2.com and browse through what is there. www.pea2.com is just a loose assortment of some travel images over the last few years. If you want something from these sites, you'll have to take a screen shot or describe the image to me...I don't have those tagged all yet.

Example frame



Images are either 5x7 or 8x10
• print cost for either size is $20.00
• All images are printed on Archival Epson Enhanced Matte)
Frames are natural rosewood finish or black, purchased at Aaron Brothers locally
• Cost for frame is approx. $20.00
Matte is 100% acid free cotton/wood blend
• Cost at Aaron Brothers is approx. $8.00
The total cost with shipping for a framed image would be around $55.00 depending on US Postal charges for address.

You may also purchase just the archival print for $20.00 + shipping.

To order a print, just tell me what size, framed or unframed as well as the # that is in the photo description.

I will accept emails of what image you want. Also, this will end in 2 - 3 weeks because there is a 30 day deadline on funds matching. If more prints are wanted after that, I'll just donate the money without the funds matching.

The nice thing is, the $20.00 becomes $60.00 and the $55.00 becomes $165.00 as a result of the company matching programs.

You can either pay vai paypal at hoemli@paypal.com (the account will be active Monday or Tuesday so I'lll keep track by email) or by sending a check to:

Haiti Donation
c/o Kirk Jones
12320 SW Denfield St
Beaverton OR 97005

All matching via Adobe go to: World Food Program - there is a 30 day limit on this + $5000.00 per employee cap per year.

All matching via Nike go to: Global Giving Organization. There is a 30 day limit on this + $2000.00 per employee cap per year.
Thank you,

Kirk Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment

Past