Thursday, October 1, 2009

Mana's wedding


I shot my first wedding in a long long time. The last time I did a wedding, film was the norm and I was using a Metz flash the size of a garage. The highlight of the wedding was the father pulling out a shotgun to get a real 'shotgun wedding' image for his family to share for years...I told myself I'd never do another wedding again.

Things are different now. Digital makes the stress seem much easier to deal with - instant feedback is way better than thinking about how fast you can get back from the lab to see the images.

I haven't edited the 700+ photos from the wedding yet, but so far I like the results. The ceremony was a huge challenge and the only images I'm not 100% happy with. The sun had set just as the ceremony began, we were outside on top of a moving boat, with city lights gliding by behind us and a tinge of sunset. Behind everyone was 200' of emptiness - a nice void of anything that could create any depth.

Here is one of my favorites and one of the reasons I take photographs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Past